Blog Archive

Monday, May 19, 2008

Let's go to Africa!!!!! or Literary Acceptance on Display!

I'm going to Africa....or as Jar Jar Binks would say...."Wesa going home!!!!"

Just got the results of the Pan-African Literary Forum Contests.....In the Africana Contest, I got 2nd Runner-Up love!!!!! Which means, that I get a 30 percent discount on the conference--which will take place in Ghana in July--and my story, "Juba," will be published in The Literary Review.

There's actually a funny story that goes along with this, but I'm too excited to relate it now. Maybe tomorrow.

8 comments:

ryan call said...

good work, rion
very cool

Myly said...

Exciting! Congrats.

Sufiya said...

you are the man, babes. i am so proud of you!!!

David Sloane said...

you are doing some tremendous work, my man, keep showing this world what you got!

Mista Moon said...

Good job Rion, seeing the world as a young age.

Anonymous said...

awesome possum. this is very exciting!

lynnieGMUbear said...

congrats Rion!

Kristin Von Kundra said...

Fantastic! I have always wanted to go to West Africa :) have a nice time!