Blog Archive

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Simply Ludacris



Sooooo.......Ludacris thought the above was a good idea?

What's he going to do for an encore, make an x-rated video for the song? As we discussed earlier on this blog, Ludacris sure does have a whole lot of x-rated videos. It's almost like he makes an uncut video for every song he records. Dude probably has more uncut videos than Labtekwon and Joker the Bailbondsman combined....You're probably saying right now: Who the hell are Labtekwon and Joker the Bailbondsman? And how the hell do you know that Ludacris has all these x-rated videos?....Ummm....

(If my chick is reading this: I love you and I don't know who Labtekwon is and I've never watched women's fancy parts jiggle in a slew of x-rated Ludacris videos. The above is purely theoretical, of course. I never spent many a late night watching BET Uncut and I didn't weep when BET canceled it. I never signed any online petitions to bring it back. And I certainly didn't protest outside of BET headquarters in Northeast Washington, D.C. calling for the station's executives to reverse their shortsighted decision.)

What was I talking about again...oh yes....Ludacris, a (usually inexplicable) lightning rod for controversy, had to know this would draw the wrong type of attention to his chosen candidate. I mean calling Hillary a bitch is pretty uncalled for (it was uncalled for when the primary race was on) and that's the moment in the song that puts it way over the line....This was designed to draw attention, not to Obama, but to Ludacris. If you notice, the song is his usual braggadocio and has little to do with the political situation (even though his digs at McCain and Bush are kind of funny). And if the intention is to draw attention to Ludacris, he might as well just go ahead and film that uncut video for the song. Imagine what overblown nonsense Bill O'Reilly could come up with against this video. 'Cris would be on every channel and Obama would be forced to denounce and reject him again. You know how many records he would sell behind that?

Just go ahead and make the video man, it'll be entertaining and it's not any dumber than recording the song in the first place.

3 comments:

THAT chick said...

Well, yes, your girl did read this and she already knows about your late night habits. Umph, umph, umph (shaking my head). But protesting outside of BET studios? Come on. You're kidding, right? Just how frivolous are your values?

Abdel Shakur said...

I'm with you on that. Ludacris is an incredibly gifted and witty writer (although he does bite quite a bit from Redman) and I keep wanting him to come with something real, but he seems most comfortable giving us the same old same old. I was similarly disappointed when I heard, Blow It Out Your Ass, the song he did in response to Bill O'Reilly's criticism. He could have clowned the hell out of O'Reilly, but instead he made himself the clown.

Rion Amilcar Scott said...

I was going to mention how he really does Redman and Method Man's style to death, but couldn't fit it in. So I'm glad you mentioned it....