Blog Archive

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Interesting Memoir

I found this obscure memoir by a little known writer. I don't have the book in front of me so I know I will mangle his name: Bo-Rock O'Bama, I think it is. Dreams From my Father, it is called. O'Bama writes about growing up bi-racial with an absent Kenyan father and a white mother. This virtual unknown is a hell of a writer. At times, the book is a bit overwritten, but when he nails it there is a powerful lyricism. The book says much more than is actually on the page. And more than just getting the author's history, the reader gets an interesting social history. I'm looking forward to his future works. He's so obscure, probably somewhere working on a novel or something. But yeah, I wonder what ever happned to this O'Bama guy.

***UPDATE***: It looks like O'Bama has become some sort of politician. What a shame. If he had stuck to writing, perhaps he could have made something of himself.

4 comments:

Living Legend said...

Yes that guy did right an excellent piece of work second to the social commentary of the legendary Mark Twain guy, only more blatant. Good one

GuySmily said...

Yea whatever happened to him, well i guess someone with a mind like that would never opt to be in the public spotlight, oh well.

Anonymous said...

At this moment in time this is nothing to be sarcastic about, not even remotely. Thanks

Rion Amilcar Scott said...

anonymous, get a sense of humor