Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A week or so later....

It's been about a week since Barry's historic victory and I'm still wrapping my mind around the fact that we have a black president. The newness of it all has faded a bit. I'm not smiling all the time for no reason anymore (that didn't last long, actually...thanks Bowie State students). All over the 'net everyone is trying to figure out what it means. I hardly have enough time to post all the thoughts, which is fine with me because I tend to be suspicious of my initial thoughts. Sometimes this can lead to paralyzing deliberation. Like the time the ghost of my father asked me to avenge his murder. Well, I was all...To be or not to be, that is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind.....and forces was moving against me. Lost that battle. Still, I never learned my lesson. Being suspicious about your initial thoughts can save some embarrassment, I've found. I mean, who wants to be like Skip Gates talking about the ascension of Barack Obama is worth the brutality of slavery and Jim Crow. (We'll get to that over the next couple of days). So yeah, I'm going to do a series of posts about the election and shit surrounding it over the next couple of days. I'm in a political mood. I know, I know. Last time I promised a series, I didn't do it. My four readers (my big brothers and two other people who know me in some way) are still waiting to hear about Ghana. Yeah folks, I'm still processing that one too. (There may be a Ghana post in there too).