Blog Archive

Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP MJ


When I was a kid, Michael Jackson came to town and my whole family went.




Except for me.





I was too young, they said.




I was five. I remember crying a lot. I really wanted to go. I loved Michael Jackson. 





Used to do the moonwalk and all the dances from Thriller, even though it scared me. After I saw it, I didn't want to go to sleep.







After the concert, they brought back this sparkly glove and I was really excited about it until my mother wouldn't let me wear it or even play with it.

For years, I don't even think I knew where it was.








It just sat in a plastic bag somewhere. As a matter of fact, it's there now.




I learned that 'souvenir' meant something that just sits around and collects dust because you'll probably mess it up if you touch it.



Seriously, I always thought MJ would come back and do something great. 




Now all I have to remember him is his problematic legacy and a sparkly glove that no longer fits.



And a whole lof of great music. 

No comments: