Blog Archive

Monday, February 21, 2011

THIS BOOK IS FREE




For the month of February-Black History Month, as you know--Agate Publishing is making this book, Wading Home by Rosalyn Story[1] available as an E-book. The book deals with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina on New Orleans. It hasn't been getting the attention they feel it deserves, so they are turning it loose on the public. The publisher explains it all in this blog post. I was going to read it and tell you what I thought, but the chances of me finishing it before March 1 is unlikely, so you read it and tell me what you think. Will definitely add it to the 100 Books pile.

From the book's description:
When Hurricane Katrina hits New Orleans, chef and widower Simon Fortier knows how he plans to face the storm--riding it out inside his long-time home in the city's Treme district, just as he had through so many storms before. But when Katrina's waters rise and the city is torn apart by the storm's fury, Simon disappears.



[1] Story....ain't that a beast last name for a writer? Just like Francine Prose. With names like that what else you gonna do with your life? Why couldn't I be named Rion Novel or Rion Shortstory or Rion Sentence or something like that? Damn.




3 comments:

Becky said...

Just in time for my newly not yet purchased "nook."

Rion Amilcar Scott said...

I don't have one of those e-reader things. I downloaded it onto my laptop.

Becky said...

My mom gave me 200 in B&N gift cards from her students to buy one. I have not actually used it yet...