Blog Archive

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Stankin' Lankin Vol. 2: My weekly chronicle of how I wasted my life on the internet




Extreme Sarcasm
"Sometimes you have to have tyranny to have freedom."

LOL
Oh America, this is you.

The Sexual Lives of Missionaries
Want to read an excerpt of Kyle Minor's new novel?

Rumsfeld Fondled
Poetic justice. Doesn't go far enough though. One of the books I read, but haven't told you about imagines a world in which he is kidnapped and taken to Guantanamo Bay. Except he, unlike so many folks there, is not innocent.

Now this woman is bout it, bout it.

A Piece can be Unrejected????

The images on this Tumblr....whoa.... (see above)

Peep Roxane Gay's new story. It has the internet going nuts.

What's the difference between a writer and a person who writes?

Good to see people showing love to the god, Dirt Dog.

Hero Worship
The superhero really does need an update for our modern times. The rapper Boots Riley said on Twitter this week that until Batman helps the criminals rob a bank, then he is just another pig. I don't think I would go that far, but let's look at him this way: Bruce Wayne, wealthy billionaire industrialist who got all his wealth from his parents embezzles money from his company so he can go beat up poor people who are committing crime just to make a living in Gotham's depressed economy. If you look at him that way, then he is just another pig. I want to see a superhero battling the real criminals. The criminals who nearly bankrupted the entire economy. Criminals who commit legal crimes everyday. As Boots once said: "You're all gold mines, they want to deplete you."

Ever wonder why the American Right never fucked with a backward Empire lover like Naipaul?

A fellowship for writers with children?
Don't mind if I do. I shouldn't be telling you about this because me and my wife will compete for this and I will defeat her.

Yes! Sugar will be revealing her secret identity soon.
At which point I'll stop reading her column. Just kidding. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you're missing out. Sugar writes a tenderly written advice column for The Rumpus. She does so under the pseudonym, Sugar. Click on the link. Read it. Soak it in. Ask her a question. I'm calling it now, I bet Sugar is a black woman.

How come you guys didn't tell me about The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl? This internet sitcom is some seriously funny shit. If I had some extra money I'd contribute to this kickstarter campaign for some more episodes of the show. Maybe I'll do a full post on this some time. But here is the first episode. Watch and then go contribute to the campaign.



Episodes 2 and 3 are even funnier.

No comments: