Blog Archive

Friday, January 27, 2012

Grind Time: How We Shall Proceed and Continue Here at The Flambe


Strangely, I feel renewed in my day job as well as in this writing thing. This is the end of the first week of classes. Over the winter break I finished a draft of a novella I've been working on. I can honestly say I'm happy with what I turned out with. Now the challenge is to maintain the renewed feeling and the writing output as the semester snaps down on my neck. And you probably notice that I have trouble maintaining the blog when I'm teaching. I also have a hard time maintaining when I'm knee deep in a project as I was with the novella.

That brings me to this blog. I used to post stupid cartoons on Saturday and music on Mondays and I even started a labor-intensive link thing on Sundays. Yeah, I don't do that anymore. I've taken all that kind of ephemera to my Tumblr: Forgotten Tunnel TV (another blog name I'll have to sort of explain later).

Here at the Flambe, I'm going to go further in chronicling my grind. Once a week I'm going to write about the progress of what I'm working on. That's the new focus. No cartoons. No music. Or if I post that stuff it will be to underscore the sentiment I'm expressing.

And below is the contents of the newest page on this blog, the one titled: "What? What in the Hell is a Datsun Flambe."

Peace.

What? What in the Hell is a Datsun Flambe?

Not quite a Datsun, but the picture is Flambe hot.


Ever read that Ralph Ellison's short story, "Cadillac Flambe?" Yeah, I named my blog after that.

Datsun Flambe is my weekly chronicle of my writing grind. Journey with me as I write these novels, short stories, humor pieces and whatever else I'm writing. Whatever part of the struggle that is fascinating and perplexing me during the week is what I'm posting about.

Blog is updated at least once a week.

As always, I maintain a list of published stories and the like on the right-hand side of this site. Consider browsing them. They get lonely. Show them love.

Want pictures and videos and other stuff like that? Check out my Tumblr: Forgotten Tunnel TV and consider following.


No comments: